Why does Lincoln face right on the penny?

Answer According to information found on the United States Mint website, Lincoln faces right on the penny for no other reason than its designer chose to place his image that way. This is likely because th... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Why does Lincoln face right on the penny

Why is Lincoln on the penny?

In 1909, President Abraham Lincoln became the first president, as well as the first actual person, to be featured on a U.S. coin. He has been featured on the front of the one cent piece--the penny-... Read More »

Why is Lincoln facing the other way on the penny?

The penny features an image of Abraham Lincoln facing to the right, instead of to the left like the presidents on most other U.S. coins issued in the past 100 years. This was purely an artistic dec... Read More »

When was the first lincoln penny made?

The first Lincoln cent was made in 1909. The portrait of Abraham Lincoln on the obverse was based on a sculpture by Victor David Brenner. The Lincoln cent was the first non-commemorative United Sta... Read More »

What is the mass of a Lincoln penny?

According to the United States Mint, the mass of a Lincoln cent currently in circulation is 2.5 grams. It is composed of 75 percent zinc; copper plating accounts for the other 25 percent.Source:The... Read More »