Who will gain custody if the mother is deemed unstable and the father is an illegal residen and the child has been with relatives for quite some time?

Answer Answer The relatives can get custody if both the mother and father are rejected by the judge as fit parents. I have seen it happen, the best thing to do for your case is to document everything. If ... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Who will gain custody if the mother is deemed u...

If a mother has legal and physical custody of a child and if she dies and leaves her child to her mother in her will can the child's father obtain custody of the baby or will her mother?

United States State laws vary widely in the United States but in almost every state the biological parent has sole rights to custody of the child. If a custodial parent dies the surviving natural p... Read More »

If there is not a court order for custody and your wife who is a illegal immmigrant left with the child can the father take the child from the babysitter's while the mother is at work?

well we are mot married i guess it would be common law,but we never got a paper signed from the county clercks office.i am concerned for my daughter,she is 15 months old,born in u.s.,and her mom is... Read More »

How can a US citizen father obtain custody of his child whose mother is an illegal immigrant?

Answer File for custodial rights in the appropriate state court in the city or county of residence.Be advised that the mother's illegal status is irrelevant in custodial proceedings as US law pres... Read More »

Could a 17-year-old mother who lives with her parents obtain sole custody if the 20-year-old father of the child has a criminal history and lives in an unstable environment?

Answer It is certainly possible.That being said, under the law an unmarried woman retains sole custody rights to a child unless a court rules otherwise.Custody, visitation, child support and other... Read More »