Where do Pennsylvania credit unions get their licenses to operate?

Answer Credit unions get their licenses from the Pennsylvania Department of State. To operate a credit union in Pennsylvania, you must file your articles of incorporation at the Bureau of Supervision and ... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Where do Pennsylvania credit unions get their l...

What Is the Difference Between Regular Credit Unions & Federally Backed Credit Unions?

Credit unions are chartered by either state governments or the federal government. When people refer to a "regular" credit union, it is generally a state-chartered institution and does not have the... Read More »

How long are marriage licenses good for in Pennsylvania?

When a Pennsylvania marriage license is acquired, applicants have 60 days to use the license before it expires. The state of Pennsylvania also requires a three-day waiting period between acquiring ... Read More »

Importance of Credit Unions?

"Not for credit, not for charity, but for service" is a credit union motto. Owned by its members, a credit union provides a form of saving and borrowing money similar to traditional financial insti... Read More »

How are credit unions insured?

Bank deposits are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) to protect investors in case of bank failure, but credit unions are not covered by this organization. Credit unions are... Read More »