What to Do If You Receive a 1009-C After Filing Taxes?

Answer It is not uncommon for taxpayers to receive a 1099-C after they've already filed their returns. Although most filers make an effort to wait for all W-2's and 1099s before filing their returns, the... Read More »

Top Q&A For: What to Do If You Receive a 1009-C After Filing...

Rules for Filing Taxes After Someone Dies?

A personal representative who is legally responsible for administering the property of someone who dies is also required to file tax returns reporting income attributable to the decedent. A final i... Read More »

What is the age requirement for filing taxes?

There is no minimum age requirement to file taxes. No matter how young you are, if you have a gross income that exceeds the Internal Revenue Service limits, you must file taxes.Source:IRS

What is the due date on filing taxes?

The Internal Revenue Service states that the deadline for filing most individual federal income tax returns is four months and 15 days after every tax year, which usually falls on April 15th. Retur... Read More »

What are the benefits of filing taxes?

More than 64 million taxpayers received refunds in 2008 because they overpaid on their taxes. Tax returns factor in deductions, exemptions and credits that can reduce your tax liability.Significanc... Read More »