Question

 How much of the Earth is covered by deserts?

Answer According to blueplanetbiomes.org, the Earth is approximately one fifth (20 percent) desert. This includes hot deserts like the Sahara as well as cold deserts found in Arctic regions. Both types of... Read More »
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/1868790

Top Q&A For: How much of the Earth is covered by deserts

How to Build Earth Covered Homes?

The garden-roofed monolithic adobe is the most effective way to build a home surrounded by earth. These homes are energy efficient, very low cost to build and can bring a family together because it... Read More »
http://www.ehow.com/how_7350588_build-earth-covered-homes.html

For an unmarried 25 year old is secondary insurance available to cover the 20 percent not covered by an employer's group policy?

Answer Yes. It is called suplemental insurance .. your age and marital status are irrelevant.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/For_an_unmarried_25_year_old_is_secondary_insurance_available...

What two elements comprise 99 percent of the volume of the Earth's atmosphere?

Earth’s atmosphere contains 21 percent oxygen, with nitrogen comprising some 78 percent of the air. Together, these two elements combine to form 99 percent of the volume of the atmosphere; argon,... Read More »
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2213726

About what percent of the solar energy reaching the Earth's surface is stored as organic material?

Plants capture solar energy and converting it to organic material in the form of carbohydrates. These carbohydrates serve as a source of food for plants and animals alike. Plants capture only 1 per... Read More »
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2240464


feedback
loading