What is the procedure for visitation when there is not a custodial order?

Answer Answer When custodial rights and/or visitation has not been legally established, the decision belongs to the parent who has primary physical custody of the child.If the couple are not married, the... Read More »

Top Q&A For: What is the procedure for visitation when there...

What do you do if the custodial parent is not obeying the court order for visitation?

Answer In some states the parent can contact the department of family and children's services to help enforce the visitation order in most states he or she will need to return to court and request ... Read More »

Can a non-custodial parent lose visitation rights if they continually miss their court ordered visitation?

Merely because the non-custodial parent is unable to attend the court ordered visitation, it does not mean that he or she will automatically loose his or her visitation rights. If the non-custodial... Read More »

Can you sue the custodial parent for lost visitation time if you are denied visitation?

Answer A person can sue for almost any reason. Whether or not it is a justifiable case is usually the question. Was there emotional and/or physical injury to the plaintiff? Was there any monetary... Read More »

Can a non-custodial parent with visitation move to another state and still have visitation rights?

Yes. In most jurisdictions, a move out of state by either parent is sufficient cause to re-assess a child's access schedule. The new schedule will take into account the best interests of the child,... Read More »