What is the Deadbeat Dad Law?

Answer U.S. Code Title 18, Section 228, is commonly known as the "Deadbeat Dad Law." Its official title is "Failure to Pay Legal Child Support Obligations," and the law addresses the offense and punishmen... Read More »

Top Q&A For: What is the Deadbeat Dad Law

How to Put a Warrant for Deadbeat Dad?

When parents live apart, the law requires that the non-custodial parent pay child support. Many custodial parents find that collecting the support their children are entitled to is not as easy as i... Read More »

Do I have to let my child's deadbeat dad see her?

Yes, but you should pursue her father in court for child support.

How to Avoid Deadbeat Men?

Ending up with a deadbeat man is energy-sapping and you might find it almost impossible to extract yourself from the bind that such a relationship can create. The impact on your own self-esteem can... Read More »

How do I Collect Mortgage From a Deadbeat?

If you hold a mortgage note on a property and granted an owner-financing contract to a borrower that is now in arrears of mortgage payments, you have a few options for recovering the missed payment... Read More »