What form do i use for an irs offer in compromise?

Answer You will need to use Form 656 in order to request an Offer in Compromise from the IRS. You may also need Form 433-A for Wage Earners and Self-Employed Individuals or Form 433-B which is for busines... Read More »

Top Q&A For: What form do i use for an irs offer in compromise

What is an Offer In Compromise (OIC)?

An Offer In Compromise is an Internal Revenue Service program that allows citizens with unpaid tax debt to settle for an amount less than they owe.QualificationsTo apply for an Offer In Compromise... Read More »

Can I do an IRS offer in compromise myself?

An individual taxpayer can make an Offer in Compromise to the IRS without legal representation. The IRS says the decision to forgo an attorney comes down to how comfortable you feel about represent... Read More »

How long does an offer in compromise take?

An offer in compromise helps tax payers who cannot pay back their tax debt back. This process can take anywhere between three and nine months. Getting the necessary papers to the IRS can assist the... Read More »

What percentage is the average offer in compromise with the IRS?

In the 2004 tax year, the average offer in compromise amount was $14,000. Taxpayers must apply for an offer in compromise with no guarantee that it will be accepted. That same year, only 19 percent... Read More »