What does A4 mean on a FIRM flood map?

Answer A Flood Insurance Rate Map, or FIRM, is the Federal Emergency Management Agency's official map of flood hazard areas and risk premium zones for a given community. A4 is one of the "numbered A zones... Read More »

Top Q&A For: What does A4 mean on a FIRM flood map

Are lenders requiring flood insurance in flood zones?

On One Hand: Insurance is NecessaryAccording to the United States Department of the Treasury, banks have to require you to purchase flood insurance before giving you a mortgage if the property is o... Read More »

IF my upstairs condo is untouched by a flood but the building's ground floor is damaged so badly that the entire building is unlivable would my flood insurance protect me?

Let's first review what a condo is. A condominium is an arrangement in which you own your own living space outright (your condo apartment), and you share joint ownership (with all the other condo o... Read More »

Do you need to have flood insurance in a flood zone?

Not if you don't have a mortgage.But if you have a standard mortgage, one of the conditions of that mortgage, is that you carry both hazard and flood insurance, if the property is located in a high... Read More »

What is a cpa firm?

The public accounting industry consists of various accounting firms offering technical assistance and auditing services to companies. Many of these firms employ licensed accounting professionals ca... Read More »