Tools Needed to Change the Fluid in a 4L80E Transmission?

Answer The 4L80E is a model automatic transmission from General Motors. Though changing the transmission fluid on the 4L80E is a messy and somewhat difficult and tedious job, possessing the tools needed t... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Tools Needed to Change the Fluid in a 4L80E Tra...

4L60E Vs. 4L80E Transmission?

In the 1990s, General Motors introduced the 4L60E and 4L80E automatic transmissions. Both gearboxes were mainly installed on the trucks and vans of GM's Chevrolet division.

Information on the 4L80E Transmission?

The 4L80E is a transmission manufactured primarily for General Motors trucks. It is designed specifically for pick-up trucks classified as half-ton and upward. It has been in production since the e... Read More »

Tools Needed for Pulling a Transmission?

The tools needed for pulling a transmission are found in any mechanics tool set. The job is not very complicated. Simply remove any parts attached to the transmission and some bolts holding it in ... Read More »

How to Change the Transmission Fluid on a Hydra-Matic 4T65-E Transmission?

Taking care of your Hydra-Matic 4T65-E transmission requires changing the transmission fluid on a regular basis. As with engine oil, transmission fluid requires changing once it becomes dirty and ... Read More »