My son wants to live with me but his dad has residential and parental rights?

Answer %DETAILS% Answer No, the parent with custody of the child makes that choice. You can take her out of the school and enroll her in the school near you.

Top Q&A For: My son wants to live with me but his dad has re...

What exactly is parental rights when the father doesnt live with the child?

You both have to go to court to find out exactly what you both have to do and are entitled to

Can a mother request from the judge to reinstate fathers parental rights once she has already petitioned the court to terminate his rights and the judge did terminate his parental rights?

Yes. It's called "disruption" and it does happen. Sometimes a child comes home with problems so severe that they cannot be handled by the new family; in such cases, the parents can seek to disrupt ... Read More »

I'm 16 and I want to live with my mother after she gave up her parental rights to her mother is it possible?

Answer Well certainly. Your mother would have to file for her right as you guardian back. There would be a few tests. Some paperwork. Then a trial period, where in you are both on probation. If eit... Read More »

Can you regain custody or visitation rights once parental rights have been terminated in Virginia after child has been adopted?

Ideally both parents would sit down and talk but it looks like that won't happen so depending on the resolve of the fathers parents, the case could end up in the courts, there is no way to tell wha... Read More »