My Ex-Husband Owes Taxes From a Previous Year: Do I Owe Too If We Filed Joint?

Answer One of the financial benefits of marriage is that you can file a joint return with your husband and take advantage of lower tax rates on your combined income and a larger standard deduction. On the... Read More »

Top Q&A For: My Ex-Husband Owes Taxes From a Previous Year: ...

How do you amend your taxes that you filed this year?

You will have to file an amended return. You don't have to go back to the same place that filed your original return, but if you are going to have someone prepare it for you, you might as well go ... Read More »

Can I file a previous year's taxes online?

On One Hand: You Cannot File Previous Years Taxes OnlineYou cannot file a previous years tax return online with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS only allows online filing of returns from... Read More »

What can you do if you currently have joint custody however your ex-husband is not taking care of your daughter's insurance or visitation however he is claiming her on his taxes?

Answer Take him to court and ask for sole custody, make sure you have documentation that he is not assisting in your daughter's needs.

Can I Open a Joint Account With My Wife If She Owes a Bank Money?

When you get married, it is common to combine your accounts with your spouse. It is efficient for the purpose of tracking your money and paying common household bills. However, if your spouse has p... Read More »