How to Troubleshoot a Ford 351W?

Answer Aside from the 289 and the 302, the 351 Windsor is quite possibly Ford’s most popular small-block engine. Not coincidentally, all three engines use essentially the same components, as they are fr... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How to Troubleshoot a Ford 351W

How Do I Tell a 302 Ford Motor from a 351W?

From simple observation, a size 302 engine and a 351 Windsor look exactly the same. The parts on these engines are interchangeable. However, there is a major difference, but you have to know where ... Read More »

Ford 351W Block Identification?

The 351W, or "Windsor" engine, manufactured between 1969 and 2001, is a member of Ford's 90-degree eight-cylinder engine family. Not to be confused with Ford's 351 "Cleveland" engine, the 351W gets... Read More »

How to Read the Timing Marks on a Ford 351W?

The 351W, or Windsor, engine is the last in Ford's 90° V-8 series engines that started in 1962 with the 221, then moved to the 260, 289 and 302 engines. The 351W was introduced in 1969. Unlike man... Read More »

How to Change the Valve Cover Gasket on a 1989 Ford 351W Van Engine?

The 1989 Ford Van's 351W features a 351-cubic-inch displacement (5.8-liter) overhead valve V-8 engine with electronic fuel injection. To replace the valve (rocker arm) covers, you first must remove... Read More »