How to Change the Sway Bar Bushings on a 1988 Ford Mustang?

Answer There are two types of sway bar bushings on the 1988 mustang: the end link bushings and the frame to bar bushings. Replacing these will restore lost handling response from worn out or broken bushings.

Top Q&A For: How to Change the Sway Bar Bushings on a 1988 F...

How to Change Front Sway Bar End Links on a 1988 Ford Mustang?

The sway bar in your 1988 Mustang helps eliminate body roll caused by weight transfer in a turn. It works by transferring some of the force applied to the wheel on the outside of the turn through t... Read More »

How to Change the Front Sway Bar Bushings on a Mustang?

The Ford Mustang comes equipped with a large-diameter sway bar, and polyurethane bushings designed to control body roll in a turn and improve handling without increasing suspension stiffness. The r... Read More »

How to Change the Sway Bar Bushing on a Ford Mustang?

The Ford Mustang sway bar bushing is an integral part of the car's front suspension. The sway bar provides added stability when cornering or performing other maneuvers. The sway bar bushings, house... Read More »

How to Replace the Bushings for the Anti-Sway Bar on a 2003 Ford F-250?

The 2003 Ford F-250 3/4-ton pickup is equipped with a front anti-sway bar. Anti-sway bars help vehicle stability by linking the left and right suspension components together. When the F-250 goes in... Read More »