How to Apply for a Green Card in Marriage?

Answer Marriage to an American citizen is one of the fastest ways to obtain a green card. There are two ways to get a green card for a foreign spouse, depending on where he or she is at. If the foreign sp... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How to Apply for a Green Card in Marriage

How to Apply for a Green Card After Marriage?

After getting married to a U.S. citizen, an alien who originally entered the U.S. legally, even if they have overstayed their visa, can generally file for and obtain conditional permanent residence... Read More »

How do I apply for a green card through marriage?

Adjustment of StatusFile for permanent residency status or a green card either in the United States (adjustment of status) or abroad (consular processing). File U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Ser... Read More »

What is a green card marriage?

A "green card marriage" takes place when an American citizen weds a foreign national. The marriage normally results in the issuance of a "green card" for the alien, which allows for permanent resid... Read More »

How to Change an F-1 Visa Into a Green Card Through Marriage?

The F-1 student visa is granted to foreign exchange students attending schools while in the U.S. After marriage, the F-1 non-immigrant student visa holder becomes eligible to apply for conversion t... Read More »