How to Apply for a Federal PLUS Loan?

Answer The federal PLUS loan, or Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students, is becoming a popular way to pay for a child's education. This loan type involves allowing parents to use their credit and resource... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How to Apply for a Federal PLUS Loan

When do I apply for a plus loan?

On One Hand: When The Loan is NeededParents of college students apply for Federal PLUS loans when the student needs money for tuition, books and other school-related expenses. Federal PLUS loans wi... Read More »

Can I Get a Mortgage Loan Plus a Loan to Fix the House?

When you purchase a fixer-upper, you will need to have money to buy the home and cover costs of improvements. Many lenders will ask you to take two separate loans, a mortgage and a home equity loan... Read More »

How can I get rid of my private student loan and switch to a federal loan with a lower interest rate?

Call the US Department of Education because sometimes they will buy your loan off and then you can pay them instead. I have a student loan through the Dept. of Ed. and my interest is only 2%. Cal... Read More »

Is the Stafford loan a federal loan?

Yes, the Stafford loan is a federal loan. There are two types of Stafford loans: subsidized and unsubsidized. Subsidized Stafford student loans are need-based; however, unsubsidized loans are avail... Read More »