How much silver is in a half dollar?

Answer Depending on when the coin was minted, a half dollar can contain 90 percent silver, 40 percent silver or no silver at all. Half dollars minted since 1971 are made solely of copper and nickle. Those... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How much silver is in a half dollar

How much silver is in a silver 1960 half dollar?

A silver 1960 half dollar is a Benjamin Franklin half dollar, which weighs 12.5 grams and is made of 90 percent silver. Thus, the silver content of a 1960 half dollar is 11.25 grams.References:Fran... Read More »

How much silver is in a Franklin half dollar?

Manufactured between 1948 and 1963, the Franklin Silver Half Dollar is mostly silver with a little copper mixed in. Weighing a total of 12.5g--90 percent of which is silver--you can count on 11.25g... Read More »

How much silver is in a 1964 half dollar?

1964 marked the first year that John F. Kennedy was profiled on the American half dollar and also the last year in which silver comprised 90 percent of the coin (the other 10 percent was composed o... Read More »

How Many Ounces of Silver Are in the Kennedy Half Dollar?

Kennedy silver half-dollars were made out of 90 percent silver in 1964 and 40 percent silver between 1965 and 1970. After that, all silver was removed. There are 0.36 ounces of silver in a 1964 Ken... Read More »