How much water does the earth contain?

Answer The earth contains 332,500,000 cubic miles of water, which equals 1,386,000,000 cubic kilometers. Of the earth's water, about 97 percent is contained in the oceans, while the remaining 3 percent re... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How much water does the earth contain

How does NASA sends photos from outer space to Earth and how long do photos from Jupiter take to reach Earth?

The simple answer is, over a radio transmission containing the picture information and between 35 and 52 minutes depending on how far away we are from Jupiter at the time.NASA has employed many dif... Read More »

How much salt water is on the Earth?

There are approximately 332,500,000 cubic miles of water on Earth including surface, glacial and groundwater. Of this amount, 97 percent is salt water. Therefore, approximately 322,525,000 cubic ... Read More »

How much sea water is there on earth?

About 70 percent of Earth is covered in water, and 97 percent of the water is made up of Earth's oceans. Water scientists estimate that the volume of Earth's oceans is about 1.3 billion cubic kilom... Read More »

How much of the Earth is covered by deserts?

According to, the Earth is approximately one fifth (20 percent) desert. This includes hot deserts like the Sahara as well as cold deserts found in Arctic regions. Both types of... Read More »