How much does diesel fuel weigh?

Answer Diesel fuel weight averages about 7.1 pounds per U.S. gallon. "Diesel" is named for the compression engineer--the German, Rudolf Diesel--who patented the diesel engine in 1897.Source:Diesel Fuel Di... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How much does diesel fuel weigh

What does a gallon of jet fuel weigh?

There are different types of jet fuel, Jet A, Jet B, JP4, JP5 and JP8. They all have a basic weight of 6.3 to 6.9 pounds per gallon. Depending upon the type and usage, jet fuel may contain fuel add... Read More »

How much does a gallon of propane weigh?

Propane exists as both liquid and gas, so temperature plays a role in how much it weighs. At room temperature, which is around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, propane weighs 4.20 pounds per gallon.SourceNa... Read More »

How much does a gallon of motor oil weigh?

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, one gallon of used motor oil weighs approximately seven pounds. This figure is approximate and can vary depending on how the oil is handled or... Read More »

How much does a gallon of car paint weigh?

The pigment makes up 60% of the weight of the paint, while the binding agent makes up the other 40%. Since various pigments and binding agents are used in various brands and types of paint, it is d... Read More »