How do you establish custody if you were never married?

Answer Answer File a motion with the courts in the county in which you live to determine custody. You will probably need an attorney or mediator to help you put together a custody agreement. Both parent... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How do you establish custody if you were never ...

If your wife moves to another state while you are trying to establish custody of the children during a divorce will she give up custody rights?

Answer Both parents need to be mature about this and realize the children have feelings as well. To the children you two are just "mom and dad." Many couples are angry, frustrated and sometimes ... Read More »

If the mother has sole physical custody and shares joint legal custody with the father the two never married if the mother dies can her husband who is not the baby's biological father assume custody?

Biological Father Gets Custody No, unless the baby's biological father relenquishes his parental rights, he would get custody of the child if the mother dies, not her husband. The biological father... Read More »

If unmarried parents never establish custody within 5 yrs can the mother relocate with the child?

That's not a very helpful, or accurate response. Sometimes there is not Mommy and Daddy. Anywho, no you cannot. Even if custody was established, the court requires the non-custodial parent to appro... Read More »

Is there anyway you can refuse to go through a DNA test to establish paternity the possible father does not want custody and i dont want child support he just wants visitation?

DNA ordered answer Why do you need to establish who the father is if you do not want child support and the proposed father does not want custody? By you writing a post the way you did offers the ... Read More »