How do i get my child's father to sign over his rights my daughter is 2 years old now and he has never paid anything even worse he now lives in Georgia my child and i reside in Maryland?

Answer You can't force him to give up his parental rights and if he is not following the courts order for child support you have to notify the court so they can take it from his income.

Top Q&A For: How do i get my child's father to sign over his...

Can a father sign over his rights to a child in Georgia?

In general, parental rights are terminated either preparatory to an adoption, or after a trial in which it is determined that the parent is unfit. In any case, termination of parental rights does ... Read More »

Can a father sign over rights to a child he adopted but has not seen the child in five years the child does not know him?

Can a father sign over his paternal rights if he is current on child support payments and insurance coverage but does not see his children because he lives out of state?

Answer He can file a petition for the voluntary temination of parental rights (TPR) in the state court that has jurisdiction.The judge hearing the case makes the decision if it should be granted a... Read More »

Child has had no contact with bio father in 3.5 years. Child is 4 and stepfather wants to adopt. Bio father will not voluntary terminate rights. What is the process to have step father adopt?

Ring the Dept for chid Protective Services and ask for relevant forms. They will also let u know of family court forms u need to submit. There is alot involved and some legal advice or a lawyer wou... Read More »