How do i file my taxes if i have been on unemployment?

Answer Unemployment insurance benefits are considered income by the Internal Revenue Service, so you are required to pay income taxes on any benefits you receive. Fortunately, calculating the taxes owed o... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How do i file my taxes if i have been on unempl...

Do you have to file unemployment compensation on your federal taxes?

According to IRS Topic 418, you must include unemployment compensation on your federal taxes on Line 3 of Form 1040-EZ, Line 13 of Form 1040A and Line 19 of Form 1040. The amount that you must clai... Read More »

How Do I File for Taxes if Unemployment Compensation Is All That I Have Received All Year Long?

The Internal Revenue Service considers unemployment benefits taxable income and, if you chose not to have taxes withheld from your payments, you may owe taxes at the end of the year. Typically, if ... Read More »

How to File Unemployment Taxes for a Small Business?

Small businesses file many types of taxes, including an unemployment tax, which includes both a State Unemployment Tax, known as the SUTA, and a Federal Unemployment Tax, known as the FUTA. This is... Read More »

Can I file taxes with unemployment earnings?

If you have unemployment earnings, you can file a tax return. You will claim the unemployment earnings received on form 1040 line 19, form 1040A line 13 and form 1040EZ on line 3. You will receive ... Read More »