How do I change the volume control on Vista?

Answer Double-click the speaker icon located on the right-hand side of the taskbar. Click the speaker box to mute or unmute the sound. Slide the tab down to decrease the volume; slide the tab up to increa... Read More »

Top Q&A For: How do I change the volume control on Vista

How do I fix Vista volume control?

Adjust Computer VolumeLocate the speaker icon on the bottom right side of your Windows Vista task bar. It will be located directly next to or near the time. Press the left arrow button if the icon ... Read More »

Where is the volume control panel on Windows Vista?

You can access Vista's volume mixer, previously referred to as the volume control panel in XP, by clicking on the volume (speakerphone) icon located on the task bar. This opens up the panel that al... Read More »

How do I enable the Vista volume-control applet?

Click "Start." Enter "taskbar" without the quotes in the "Start Search" box. Click "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties."Click the "Notification Area" tab. Check the box next to "Volume." Click "OK."... Read More »

How to Replace the Volume Control Icon in Vista?

By default, a "Volume Control" icon will be in the system tray on your computer running Windows Vista. With the click of a button, this icon allows you to increase, decrease or fully mute the volum... Read More »