Homeowner association special assessment Washington law 64.38?

Answer RCW (Revised Code of Washington) 64.38 is the law governing homeowner associations.Homeowner associations are directed by this law to impose and collect assessments, impose and collect fines for pa... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Homeowner association special assessment Washin...

Can a home owner's association assess a special fee to a homeowner due to a law suit within the hoa?

Yes. It's called a special assessment, which each unit owner is required to pay.

If a homeowner pays for roofing repairs or other services in a condominium due to shortage of funds should the association reimburse the homeowner?

The key phrase in your question is 'shortage of funds'. If the association borrows money from its owners to make repairs, then the owners and the association need a written agreement that details ... Read More »

Can a homeowners' association force owner to pay fees that were collected by former homeowner association?

Your question sounds like there was an original HOA, which was superseded by a new HOA. Every HOA collects assessments to operate the community, and as an owner, your governing documents define yo... Read More »

What is the maximum amount that a condo association or homeowner's association can recover via Florida's super lien statute and does it vary between HOAs and condo associations?

You have asked a complex and interesting question. It is difficult to find much information on "Super Liens" in Florida. The following is general information only and should not be construed as leg... Read More »