FAFSA - which parent to put down?

Answer That student would put the parent that provides the most support. This is the parent who they live with because they are providing housing as well. Also be aware that if that parent is married, t... Read More »

Top Q&A For: FAFSA - which parent to put down

How Can I change my parent's Fafsa info. ?

Go to and at the bottom of the page where it says "Step 3, FAFSA Follow-Up" click on "Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA."That will let you make any changes that you need.

FAFSA help...housing "with parent" or "off campus"?

first, if you are considered independent you are either 25+, married, or in armed forces. anyone under the age of 25 and unmarried is dependent even if you do not receive any aid from your parents... Read More »

How to Apply for a FAFSA if You Have an Unknown Parent?

The FAFSA is required for receiving various types of government aid for college, and unless you are filing as an independent student, detailed information on your parents is needed to complete the ... Read More »

In the state of Ohio does a child have to live with a parent 50 percent of the time in order for that parent to be considered a Residential Parent?

Answer I live in Ohio and I do believe the child in question must live with the parent MORE than 50% of the year for that particular parent to be "the Residential Parent". In my case, it was descr... Read More »