FAFSA question 80 about parents' income tax?

Answer They want your parents tax liability for 07. This is NOT the amount that was withheld on their W2s. It is also not the amount your parents had to pay or received after filing taxes for that year.... Read More »

Top Q&A For: FAFSA question 80 about parents' income tax

How do i get around reporting my parents income when filling out the FAFSA?

A lot of people actually find themselves in your situation because for the purposes of financial aid, the government considers you a dependent until you're 24. Whether or not your parents claim you... Read More »

FAFSA EFC question... change in income from last tax year?

Everything matters. If you filled out the FAFSA with the 2006 income, then you have to change it when you DO file the 2007 taxes. I know that you will receive more money if you plan on living on ca... Read More »

I have a question regarding FAFSA and divorced parents.?

If your child lives with you both equally then he will use the income of the parent who provides at least 50% of his support. Who claims him on their taxes? You can contact someone with FAFSA direc... Read More »

FAFSA 2008-09 question: What if my parents haven't done their tax for 2007 yet?

While you can use your 2006 taxes to complete an estimator 08-09 FAFSA, understand that when you make corrections from the actual numbers on the 2007 will throw your FAFSA into Ver... Read More »