FAFSA help...housing "with parent" or "off campus"?

Answer first, if you are considered independent you are either 25+, married, or in armed forces. anyone under the age of 25 and unmarried is dependent even if you do not receive any aid from your parents... Read More »

Top Q&A For: FAFSA help...housing "with parent" or "off campus"

FAFSA - which parent to put down?

That student would put the parent that provides the most support. This is the parent who they live with because they are providing housing as well. Also be aware that if that parent is married, t... Read More »

How to Apply for a FAFSA if You Have an Unknown Parent?

The FAFSA is required for receiving various types of government aid for college, and unless you are filing as an independent student, detailed information on your parents is needed to complete the ... Read More »

How Can I change my parent's Fafsa info. ?

Go to and at the bottom of the page where it says "Step 3, FAFSA Follow-Up" click on "Make Corrections to a Processed FAFSA."That will let you make any changes that you need.

Does father still pay support if child is full time student and lives off campus in the same town as the custodial parent?

A court order sets forth the conditions for child support based on any separation agreement between the parents, state child support guidelines, state laws, etc. You need to review any court orders... Read More »