Could you take a child out of the state if you have joint custody?

Answer State of WA - for a vacation, sure. You need to notify the other parent of the place and duration. For good? That would be considered kidnapping.

Top Q&A For: Could you take a child out of the state if you ...

Does the mother of a child in joint custody have the right to take her out of state without asking the father?

Answer Absolutely NOT! If you find that you need to move out of state, you need to file a motion to amend your settlement agreement with regards to custody issues. Most likely you will have to pay ... Read More »

If you have physical and joint legal custody can you take the child out of state for a vacation without permission from the other parent?

Answer I would be necessary to give the other parent notice of the pending vacation plans. Whether or not you would need permission from that parent to take an out of state trip depends upon the t... Read More »

If you have joint custody can your child be moved out of state?

No, not if you have joint custody of the child by court. If the other gaurdian only has vistitation rights then NO WAY can you child be removed from the state without your consent, unless it is a h... Read More »

If you have joint custody and one parent moves out of state can he take kids?