Can your home be taken if you owe child support?

Answer Answer No a house can't be reposessed for child support. Reposession happens only when the person is late too many times with the mortgage payments. You can put a lien on someone's property if the... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Can your home be taken if you owe child support

Do you have to pay child support to the mother if the child has been voluntarily placed by her in a group home?

You would need to return to court to do so, and it's likely the court would simply order your payments to be redirected.

Do you have to pay child support if the child is home schooled?

Yes, but you most likely don't have to pay the difference between home schooled and public school.

Can child support orders be file for back child support after the child dies?

Do you get the same amount in child support if your child's father has multiple kids on child support?

No. The family with the older child[ren] gets the full percentage of net income. The family with the younger child[ren] gets a percentage of net income after subtracting payments ordered and being ... Read More »