Can your ex-wife petition for physical custody of your 16-year-old son?

Answer Answer Yes, any biological parent who has not had their parental rights terminated by the court can file a lawsuit (petition) for custodial rights to their minor child.

Top Q&A For: Can your ex-wife petition for physical custody ...

My wife has sole physical custody but I have joint legal custody will I still get my kids one night per week if I move out of state or if she does?

Answer Yes.It is possible for joint custody to be awarded under such circumstances.Two of the biggest factors would be the age of the child or children and the viability of the parenting plan subm... Read More »

If you have primary physical custody and joint legal custody do you have move rights then the parent that does not have physical custody when it comes to the best interest of the child?

Answer yes and no. joint legal basically means the other parent can get any and all legal info on the child such as medical records, school records and of course anything legal or court related if... Read More »

Can a 17-year-old petition the court for a change of her own custody from one parent to the other in North Carolina?

Answer No.The parent who wants the custody arrangement amended must be the one that files the suit (petition).

If you have primary physical custody of your 16 year old daughter and when she goes to her mom's for her visits her mother allows her to sleep with a 18 year old man what can you do to stop it?

Answer It depends on the state you are in, and the legal age of consent in that area. If the age of consent is 16, then I doubt there is much you can do from a legal standpoint, apart from tell yo... Read More »