Can you get legal guardianship of an unborn child in OR?

Answer No. A child must be born for the courts to have jurisdiction. Therefore a person cannot petition for custody or guardianship until the child is born. Adoption proceedings can be started prior to th... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Can you get legal guardianship of an unborn chi...

Minor Child Legal Guardianship & Legal Rights of Parents?

Legal guardianship of a minor child is normally established by a probate court. Through a court order a person other than the child's parents is given the right to care for the child until the term... Read More »

Can a relative of a child take away legal guardianship of that child from the other relative if the child is in no harm and being cared for?

Answer yes, if that relative is the mother or father of the child, or the quardian is determined to be unfit to serve.

How do you establish legal guardianship of a child legally for insurance payment purposes?

Answer Correct. Once a minor has a child, she is emancipated, meaning she is now considered an adult and independent of her parents. Answer No, a mother who is a minor is presumed by law to have ... Read More »

How do you give up legal rights to an unborn child?

Answer You can adopt your child out before it is born. However, I suggest you don't do this and wait until that child is born. If you have family support or even friends that will be there for yo... Read More »