Can a child that's been adopted ask the court to return them to their birth mother?

Answer If he only wants to take your name, he can do a name change. If you both want to have a legal parent-child relationship, you will need to do an adoption. Check with the laws in your state to determ... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Can a child that's been adopted ask the court t...

If the father of the adopted child dies and leave everything to the mother and adopted daughter and they are both beneficiaries to all but the mother of the adopted child did not give anything?

A claim against the deceased's estate may be made in probate court when the will is probated. The court will take it under advisement to ascertain if the claimant has a valid, legal claim. But it ... Read More »

If there is not a court order for sole custody of a child and the mother is behind in child support can the father take the child out of the US without permission from the mother or the court?

Answer Obtaining a passport for a minor in the US requires both parents. You'd would have to get a court order giving you custody. More Conributor Opinions Being granted sole legal custody does n... Read More »

When a mother dies intestate and her only child was adopted at birth are there any inheritance rights?

If an aunt has court custody for a child for 6 years can the birth mother get her back?

It depends on the reason for the removal from the mother's custody and whether the situation has been resolved. The court will always consider the best interest of the child as its primary concern.