Can a child born before filing taxes be claimed?

Answer A child must have been born during the tax year to qualify as a dependent on that year's tax return. A child born on or before December 31, 2009, may be claimed as a dependent on your 2009 tax retu... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Can a child born before filing taxes be claimed

How much money can you pay someone before it has to be claimed on taxes?

Generally, you will file Form 941 (PDF), Employer's QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return, or Form 944, Employer's ANNUAL Federal Tax Return, to report wages you have paid, tips your employees have reported... Read More »

Can a stillborn child be claimed as a dependent on IRS taxes?

According to the Internal Revenue Service, you cannot claim an exemption for a stillborn child on your federal tax return. The child must be born alive to be claimed as an exemption.Source:IRS: Per... Read More »

How much income can i make before filing taxes?

If you are single and under 65 years old, and you make less than $9,350 year, you do not have to file your federal income taxes. However, this changes if you are self-employed; you must report any ... Read More »

How much are you allowed to make before filing taxes?

A single person is required to file taxes if his income exceeds $12,500 within a single tax year. The taxation begins once the person's income has surpassed the IRS standard deduction of $5,450 and... Read More »