Can a adpoted child get a court ordered paternity test?

Answer A placement, in this context, would be the location where the child is placed following intervention. This can either be public care (subject to a care order), foster carers, accommodated by a loca... Read More »

Top Q&A For: Can a adpoted child get a court ordered paterni...

Are there penalties for not paying child support before a court ordered paternity test?

If the court has established a child support order, violating the order and refusing to pay child support carries penalties up to and including jail time. If the order was established before a pate... Read More »

If you are ordered to court proceedings over child custody or support and ordered to bring tax returns for the last few years may one ask the Judge that you want a DNA test done for proof?

Answer Your best bet is that you go to court WITH a Family Law Attourney.He will know how to approach the subject with the Judge, very possibablly before you even get to Court. There are many  at... Read More »

How would I go about getting court-ordered DNA test if I live in Louisiana and the child lives in Texas?

Answer you file in Texas for paternity and other relief. file where the child lives.

How to Get Court-Ordered Paternity DNA Testing in West Virginia?

West Virginia paternity laws can be used by either a mother or a father to obtain court-ordered paternity DNA testing. In most instances, a mother seeking such an order needs the test results to pr... Read More »